“The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.”
– Henry David Thoreau
Christmas is my favorite time of the year! But everyone goes through at least a little stress around the holidays. So what are some ways to reduce your stress? Check out my tips:
- Do some shopping…for yourself! Seems crazy to buy things for yourself around Christmas but why the hell not? Take your mind off your shopping list for a bit and treat yourself to a mini shopping trip!
- Watch a Christmas movie…or a regular one if the idea of anything related to Christmas is stressing you out. I love watching Christmas movies because they always get my mind off of all the stressful things going on in my life.
- Go for a walk outside. Getting fresh air always helps me clear my mind. Even if it’s really cold out, bundle up and spend some time in the great outdoors!
- Stick to your regular eating habits. This one is always hard for me because stress makes me eat ALL the junk food you can imagine! It’s of course more than okay to eat some holiday goodies but do your best to still eat healthy, even when you’re stressed.
- Don’t go overboard on everything. Again this is hard for me because I go all out for Christmas. But if you step back and do less this year, you can spend more time enjoying yourself rather than running around like a crazy person!
Take a breather and have a fabulous holiday season, babes!