“Treat. Yo. Self.”
– Donna Meagle and Tom Haverford, Parks and Recreation
Who else can’t get enough of Parks and Recreation? Everything about this show is flawless, but one of my absolute favorite things is Tom and Donna’s annual Treat Yo Self day.
So ok, let’s say you’ve never seen or heard of the show (ummm ARE YOU CRAZY?) Let me quickly explain what treating yo self means…anything you want it to be! Whether you love bubble baths and face masks or just going to a baseball game and pigging out, a Treat Yo Self day is about YOU. And the best part is, you don’t have to spend any money if you don’t want to. You can make it a whole day of free activities and still feel refreshed!
So why take time to treat yo self? I take one day a week to treat myself to relieve stress and feel good about myself. There’s nothing better than doing something I love after a long week. Everyone will have a different reason for a Treat Yo Self day, so whatever that is, do it! You’ll feel renewed and happy you did it!
Not sure what to do for a Treat Yo Self day? Some of my favorite free ideas are:
- Take a nice long bath with candles (and a glass of wine, if you’re into that)
- Throw on a face mask
- Do a little yoga
- Make a cup of green tea and watch something funny (maybe one of the treat yo self episodes of Parks and Rec)
- Girl, put your records on and crank up the tunes
If you’re willing to spend some dough:
- Take yourself shopping and buy that dress, jacket, top, etc. that you’ve been eyeing for months
- Go buy yourself some comfort food or a coffee
- Catch a movie you’ve been dying to see
- Get a fresh haircut, color or blowout
- Buy some fresh flowers for yourself
No matter how you treat yo self, remember it’s about being kind to yourself. So pamper yourself like the queen you are!